Scaffolders – Warwickshire
Monday 15th January 2018
Established in 1979, Shield Environmental Services has become one of the largest national service providers in the environmental service sector. We have grown steadily over the years and have constantly adapted to meet the demands and changing practises of the sectors we work with. However some things have never changed; and we believe that our success is based upon our original core principal of exceptional customer care. We feel honoured to have many long-standing relationships with our clients, many of whom we have been working with for years.
Shield Environmental Services Limited is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
We are members of the NASC.
Scaffolding team required for the Alcester, Warwickshire area – Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week. Pay will be according to the level of skills held.
We are looking for an experienced group of three to include Charge Hand, Top Hand and Labourer to run a job on a Social Housing contract.
Applicants must have an HGV licence – preferably clean.
- Complete assembly of scaffold inline with client requirements and agreed scope of work.
- Collect and deliver materials from stores and suppliers to site.
- Unload scaffolding equipment at site.
- Wear protective clothing and use a respirator to prevent exposure to airborne fibres when working in this environment.
- Maintain written records of work undertaken as required.
- Safely use, as required, hand tools, powered hand tools, small plant and machinery
- Where appropriate, drive company vehicles and, license permitting, tow decontamination units. Undertake regular vehicle checks, report defects, clean and routine maintenance.
- After appropriate training, work in confined spaces, work at heights,work in and around occupied properties.
- Undertake duties, inline with Contract Manager’s/Supervisor’s recommendations, instructions, and company policy and in accordance with client requirements.
- Maintain professional standards at all times when communicating with clients, consultants and the general public.
- The Operative has a duty of care and responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of him/herself, work colleagues and others who may be affected by his/her actions.
- Assess individual sites for safety.
- Ensure that any issues/problems with work undertaken is recorded and communicated to the Supervisor.
- Ensure that you are aware of Health & Safety requirements, continually seek ways to improve the work environment and take effective action in response to breaches in Health & Safety requirements.
- Attend Health & Safety meetings when required.
- Undertake regular training inline with the Company Health & Safety policy.
- Ensure that plant/equipment is in a safe working order, and maintained and stored in a safe manner.
- Represent the Company and communicate with clients, consultants and Health & Safety inspectors in a professional manner at all times.
- Please apply if you are within the Warwickshire area only.
Please send a copy of your CV for review to email@example.com