Scaffold Contracts Manager – Bristol
Monday 17th September 2018
Established in 1979, Shield Environmental Services has become one of the largest national service providers in the environmental service sector. We have grown steadily over the years and have constantly adapted to meet the demands and changing practises of the sectors we work with. However some things have never changed; and we believe that our success is based upon our original core principal of exceptional customer care. We feel honoured to have many long-standing relationships with our clients, many of whom we have been working with for years. We are immensely proud of our people and their commitment, values and talents.
Shield Environmental Services Limited is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
A vacancy has arisen for a Scaffold Contracts Manager in the Bristol Scaffolding division.
Support in the management of an experienced team of Scaffolders; learning to effectively price projects, develop a team and assist with the growth of the business. Reporting to the Branch Manager.
- Assisting to identify, win and develop new client accounts and maintain highest standard of service for existing client base
- Preparation of site-specific risk assessments and detailed method statements ensuring compliance with HSE regulations. Convey the information contained within the site-specific risk assessment/method statement to site personnel to ensure full understanding.
- Programme works and resources to ensure client and company needs are met.
- Oversee work carried out by Scaffolders to ensure highest standard of workmanship is being achieved. Assist colleagues.
- Responsible for creating clear and accurate job files ensuring all relevant paperwork is contained before submitting for archiving.
- Take all reasonable steps to ensure Health & Safety and welfare at work. You are required to gain an understanding of the company’s Health & Safety procedures, observe them and enforce them, and ensure that safety equipment and clothing are fit for the purpose and always used. Carry out regular Health & Safety checks, including site audits.
- Ensure Scaffolders are fully trained and competent for the undertaking of the work in hand.
- The safety of your branch premises and any vehicles left at these premises must be adequately secured and all protection must be taken out.
- Ensure the serviceability of the motor fleet. Vehicles must be serviced regularly; MOT and taxed as and when needed. Check cleanliness and general appearance of vehicles to ensure professional company image is portrayed
- Accidents whether staff or motor must be reported to Head Office the same day.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with customers and suppliers at all times.
- To maintain a smart standard of dress as required by any person representing the company.
- Ensure sub-contract companies and labour are competent in the tasks that are required of them. Ensure all Health & Safety paperwork and standards of the highest level are met to ensure the company image is not compromised.
Minimum times of work are 6:30 – 16:00, Monday to Friday. Be prepared to work in addition to your normal daily hours of work if instructed to do so by your Director on reasonable notice, or if necessary for the proper performance of your duties, or to fulfil the needs of clients.
If you are interested in this role please send a copy of your CV for review to firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please.