Plumbing Engineer – Bristol
Friday 15th March 2019
Established in 1979, Shield Environmental Services has become one of the largest national service providers in the environmental service sector. We have grown steadily over the years and have constantly adapted to meet the demands and changing practises of the sectors we work with. However some things have never changed; and we believe that our success is based upon our original core principal of exceptional customer care. We feel honoured to have many long-standing relationships with our clients, many of whom we have been working with for years.
Shield Environmental Services is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
We are currently looking for an experienced Plumbing Engineer to join our busy Mechanical & Electrical team in Bristol. The ideal candidate will have experience of working on various systems in both domestic and commercial buildings and have experience working on both copper and plastic pipework systems. We are looking for an individual that is self-motivated, conscientious, dedicated and able to work as part of a team.
The role is responsible for carrying out installation, maintenance and repair of mechanical service systems and will report to the Senior Mechanical Contracts Manager.
Relevant Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of NVQ level 2 or city and guilds in plumbing or a similar mechanical discipline although an NVQ level 3 would be preferred.
- Time served apprenticeship
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- CSCS Card (Preferable but not essential).
- Water Regulations competency certificate (WRAS).
- Unvented cylinders competency certificate (Preferable but not essential).
- Legionella Awareness competency certificate (Preferable but not essential).
Main duties will include:
- Installation, maintenance and repair of mechanical services systems
- Complete job sheets
- Test and inspect certification and witnessing
- Assist in quote preparations
- Advise remedial works
- Registered Gas Safe Engineer
- 40 hour week, with over time when necessary
- Pay negotiable dependent upon experience
- Pension scheme
- Continuous training and development
- All necessary training will be provided where required – For example asbestos awareness etc.
If you are ready for this challenge, we would be pleased to hear from you. Please send a copy of your CV for review to firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please.