Marine Joiner – Cornwall
Tuesday 6th November 2018
Established in 1979, Shield Environmental Services has become one of the largest national service providers in the environmental service sector. We have grown steadily over the years and have constantly adapted to meet the demands and changing environmental practises of the sectors we work with. However some things have never changed and we believe that our success is based upon our original core principle of exceptional customer care. We feel honoured to have many long-standing relationships with our clients, many of whom we have been working with for years.
Shield Environmental Services Limited is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
We are looking for an experienced Marine Joiner to assist with the Marine projects in the Cornwall area.
We are looking for someone to join our team, carrying out repairs and maintenance, re-fits and conversions. If you are technically-minded, good at working with your hands and flexible in where you work, this could be the career for you.
You will need practical skills and the ability to work as a team. If you also have previous experience working with marine panelling systems, this would be beneficial, but not essential for the role.
Experience in working on ships with metal faced panel systems would be advantageous.
Skilled workers will be required from time to time to carry out the following duties:
- Carry out work according to their skill base to a high standard.
- Labourers are provided whenever possible as support staff for skilled workers and will work closely with skilled tradesmen to ensure that work is carried out efficiently and in a professional manner.
- Carry out duties as requested by Supervisors and line managers safely and competently.
- Supply basic tradesman tools.
- Ensure all working areas, premises and vehicles are kept clean and tidy.
- Ensure all tools, equipment and materials are returned to workshops.
- Always use the correct PPE and tag entry systems to vessels.
If you feel this vacancy will be of interest to you, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please.