Marine HSEQ Manager
Tuesday 3rd April 2018
Established in 1979, Shield Environmental Services has become one of the largest national service providers in the environmental service sector. We have grown steadily over the years and have constantly adapted to meet the demands and changing practises of the sectors we work with. However some things have never changed and we believe that our success is based upon our original core principal of exceptional customer care. We feel honoured to have many long-standing relationships with our clients, many of whom we have been working with for years.
Shield Environmental Services Limited is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
Due to an expansion plan and current changes to our quality systems, a vacancy has become available for a Marine Health & Safety, Environment and Quality Manager.
The Marine HSEQ Manager can be based at, or close to, any of our four Marine sites – Cornwall, Southampton, the North East or Head Office in Bristol.
Main duties to include:
- Driving the Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality policies of the company and ensuring a safe working culture is upheld within the division.
- The division has four main areas, but also works both nationally and globally. The main site areas will require regular visits, these being Cornwall, Southampton area, the North East and occasionally, our Head Office at Bristol and Marine office at Truro. In addition, there will be other areas as project location and expansion growth dictates.
- Reporting dually to the Marine Director and Shield Environmental Services, Technical Department
- Auditing responsibilities: to undertake site safety audits and branch audits for Health & Safety compliance, and systems audits to ensure compliance with ISO accreditations.
- Learn and grow with the division. The candidate will have a basic understanding of the requirements; training will be offered to improve the general understanding and to comply with the company’s policies.
- Understand and encourage compliance of all relevant Health & Safety and environmental matters and in particular, Marine requirements.
- Implement the company requirements specifically and individually the industry needs to the division.
- Gain an interest in, and understand the various ISO systems and procedures, and to assist the division in meeting specific policies towards UKAS quality systems.
- Conduct safety inspections / audits as required and document results accurately.
- Attend meetings and co-ordinate project safety activities
- Record and investigate incidents and accidents as necessary and to fully understand all issues related to these.
- Ensure all employees are reporting safety violations or incidents and are using recording systems as necessary.
- Liaise with the team for exchange of information and be the point of contact for operational activities where required.
- Understand and coordinate employee training courses on safety topics as directed.
- Deliver safety induction information to newly recruited, established and temporary employees, agency labour, sub-contractors.
- Attend safety meetings and present topics as directed.
- Carry out other duties that may from time to time be reasonably assigned.
Please send a copy of your CV for review to firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please