Marine Administration Assistant – Southampton
Wednesday 31st October 2018
Established in 1979, Shield Environmental Services has become one of the largest national service providers in the environmental service sector. We have grown steadily over the years and have constantly adapted to meet the demands and changing practises of the sectors we work with. However some things have never changed and we believe that our success is based upon our original core principal of exceptional customer care. We feel honoured to have many long-standing relationships with our clients, many of whom we have been working with for years.
Shield Environmental Services Limited is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
An opportunity has arisen for a full time Administration Assistant to join our team in our Southampton branch office, located in Totton, please note the office is due to relocate to Romsey at the end of November (date TBC).
Full time, permanent – Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week
To support all operational tasks within the specified branch, and directly implement all actions and amendments to processes as issued by the Senior Operations team. Additionally, assisting the Office Manager with all administrative tasks.
Office Manager (Marine Southampton)
- General office duties: including photocopying, faxing, filling, internal emails, etc.
- Assist with organising and booking travel/accommodation for employees.
- Assist with purchasing activities within the branch as requested by the Office Manager.
- Record all purchasing conducted within the branch within the relevant spreadsheets.
- Confirm and GRN the delivery of all ordered goods.
- Answering the telephone, and taking messages.
- Where possible, responding to all client queries, or forwarding queries to the correct party to deal with and informing client of such.
- Implementation of all actions as requested by the Senior Operations Manager.
- Assist with collecting all required information for new employee/subcontractors and forwarding on to the Marine Head Office.
- Competent in the use of all Microsoft Office programs.
- Have a good level of computer literacy/typing accuracy.
- Knowledge and experience of working within a process-led environment.
- Working within the confinement of standard procedures.
- Knowledge of ISO9001 or a similar quality system.
- Knowledge of the Marine industry, and its spontaneous nature.
Other qualities and requirements:
- Be of smart appearance.
- Willing and enthusiastic.
- Punctual and self-motivated.
- Ability to prioritise whilst working under pressure.
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
Conditions of service:
See the staff handbook.
It should be noted that some of the information that the post-holder will access will be of a confidential nature both to Shield Environmental Services Limited and other SES Limited employees and clients, and such information must not be communicated to other persons except where required for authorised purposes.
This job description is not exhaustive. It will be subject to periodic review and may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The post holder will be expected to participate in this process and Shield Environmental Services Limited would aim to reach agreement to the changes.
If you feel this vacancy will be of interest to you, please email your CV to email@example.com
No agencies please.