HR / Payroll Co-ordinator – Bristol
Monday 1st October 2018
Established in 1979, Shield Environmental Services has become one of the largest national service providers in the environmental service sector. We have grown steadily over the years and have constantly adapted to meet the demands and changing practises of the sectors we work with. However some things have never changed and we believe that our success is based upon our original core principal of exceptional customer care. We feel honoured to have many long-standing relationships with our clients, many of whom we have been working with for years.
Shield Environmental Services Limited is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
Based at our Head Office in Warmley, Bristol, you will be responsible for all of the administrative activities associated with HR and Payroll issues for our staff across branches countrywide.
A basic knowledge and experience of payroll and current employment legislation is essential with at least one year’s experience in both fields.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Recruitment – advertising current vacancies, CV sifting, arranging interviews
- Assisting in the Starter / Leaver / Induction / Integration Procedures, and probationary reviews with new staff
- Preparing contracts of employment, standard letters to include changes of terms and conditions of employment, promotions, salary reviews, maternity, paternity and adoption leave, flexible working, contract changes, references, general employee correspondence, leaver paperwork
- Maintaining personnel files timely and accurately
- Maintaining a high level of confidentiality when dealing with sensitive data
- Building and maintaining an excellent relationship with all employees
- Assist the HR Team with new legislation/policy research and development of people-related polices
- Assisting with disciplinary and grievance procedures, review meetings, minute taking
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly and weekly payroll
- Liaising directly with team leaders, branch managers, as well as the regional/board directors
- Planning and prioritising work to ensure effective time management
- Ensuring that company policies and procedures are implemented within and across all branches
- Provide holiday cover, and cover during heavy workload
You will need to be:
- Able to demonstrate your proficiency in dealing with all levels of staff-related HR issues, employment law and payroll duties
- Able to work on your own initiative, but also willing to work as part of a wider team
- A good communicator who is able to get close to people, with an excellent telephone manner
- Approachable, positive and polite with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Open minded and fair when dealing with staff related issues
- Diplomatic and tactful, with the ability to deal with difficult situations
- Organised and thorough, with excellent attention to detail and the ability to juggle tasks and prioritise
This is a full time position, with an immediate start.
Salary negotiable, depending upon experience.
If you are interested in this vacancy, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org