Asbestos Health & Safety Manager/Review Planner – Bristol
Monday 16th April 2018
Established in 1979, Shield Environmental Services has become one of the largest national service providers in the environmental service sector. We have grown steadily over the years and have constantly adapted to meet the demands and changing practises of the sectors we work with. However some things have never changed and we believe that our success is based upon our original core principal of exceptional customer care. We feel honoured to have many long-standing relationships with our clients, many of whom we have been working with for years.
Shield Environmental Services Limited is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
Due to expansion, a vacancy has become available for a full time Asbestos Health & Safety Manager/Review Planner based in our Head Office in Bristol.
Purpose: Must have asbestos experience related to Health & Safety
- Ensure an understanding of the risks and control measures associated with their work for all staff. Ensure sub-contractors adhere to the same standards.
- Appropriate documentation is available: current, organised, relevant.
- People understand their Health & Safety obligations, and those of others.
- Implement systems to ensure Health & Safety performance is measured – to check controls are working and standards are being implemented, and to learn from mistakes if things go wrong.
- Ensure compliance to the company policies and procedures, and the statutory regulations.
- Review of Risk Assessments and Method Statements (Plans of Work) and other documentation developed for the purpose of delivering site works. Maintenance of statutory and regulatory compliance through review, inspection and audit.
Establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, and systems to ensure:
- Existence and awareness of suitable and relevant Health & Safety policies.
- A safe workplace without risk to health.
- Safe plant and machinery, and safe movement, storage and use of articles and substances.
- Adequate provision of first aid, and welfare facilities and support.
- Provision of suitable and current information and supervision concerning Health & Safety policies and practices.
- Proper and timely assessment of risks to Health & Safety, and implementation of measures and arrangements identified as necessary from the assessments.
- Provision of emergency procedures, first aid facilities, safety signs, relevant protective clothing and equipment, and incident reporting to the relevant authorities.
- Liaison as necessary with other organisations and relevant authorities, and assistance and cooperation concerning audits and remedial actions.
- Prevention and precautions against, or adequate control of, exposure to hazardous substances, and danger from flammable, explosive, electrical, noise, radiation and manual handling risks.
- Surveillance and reporting on Health & Safety practices and systems.
- Management of site compliance auditing.
- Compliance reporting for site audits and branch/division operations
- Coordinate site audits by external bodies, where applicable, ie. ARCA and ACAD
- Overseeing the audits of plans of work or method statements for divisions
- Maintaining effective templates and procedures for the planning of site work
- Ensuring respiratory protective equipment (RPE) compliance
- Assess fire safety in all work places
- Advise on transporting and storage of dangerous goods (DGSA)
- Review RAMS (POW) in line with statutory and regulatory requirements, Shield Environmental Services’ procedures and policies, industry best practice
- Maintain a KPI score sheet for RAMS reviews
- Raise levels of awareness and understanding of safety and quality though engagement with colleagues and proactive provision of advice, guidance and support
- Assist with CDM principal contractor procedures and duties
- Attend sites to audit and inspect for Health & Safety and compliance issues
- Compliance reporting for site audits and branch operations
- Attend trade body regional and committee meetings, eg. ARCA, TICA, NASC
- Assist in maintaining and developing company documentation
Please only apply if you have asbestos experience.
If this role is of interest to you, please send a copy of your CV for review to email@example.com
No agencies please.