At the demolitions division, we work alongside the asbestos removal and surveying teams to ensure that the project is managed as efficiently and safely as possible. This joined-up approach is also advantageous where structures have been declared unsafe through neglect, fire or storm damage, the demolition division making safe sections of building to enable the surveyors to access dangerous structures.
The ability to ensure a safe working environment while retaining the structural integrity of a building is key to the success of strip out and enabling works.
Shield’s strip out and enabling works include:
- Advising on any requirements for temporary works
- Arranging for a temporary works design
- Devising work plans by examining as built drawings
- Installing as per the temporary works design
- The safe and environmentally sound preparation of the building prior to redevelopment