Contracts Manager – Scaffolding, Birmingham
Monday 9th April 2018
Established in 1979, Shield Environmental Services has become one of the largest national service providers in the environmental service sector. We have grown steadily over the years and have constantly adapted to meet the demands and changing practises of the sectors we work with. However some things have never changed and we believe that our success is based upon our original core principal of exceptional customer care. We feel honoured to have many long-standing relationships with our clients, many of whom we have been working with for years.
Shield Environmental Services Limited is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
A vacancy has arisen for a Contracts Manager in our Birmingham branch based in Alcester.
About the position – Reporting directly to the Scaffold Director, as a contracts manager you will predominately be based on scaffolding sites across the midlands and will be responsible for supervising the whole project on each site. You will develop and maintain high standards of operational service delivery whilst maximising growth potential in addition to delivering financial and non-financial business objectives from contractual requirements and plans.
Your role will include, but will not be limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Managing a team of scaffolders
- Ensure on time delivery of programmes within budgeted forecasted costs
- Ensure all works carried out comply with current Health & Safety regulations
- Prepare and deliver progress reports for external and internal client meetings
- Prepare monthly internal performance review reports for Directors, taking full responsibility for all operational and commercial elements of the particular contract.
- Ensure all client expectations are either met or exceeded.
- Develop and maintain a professional working relationship with the client.
- Ensuring all scaffold tags and relevant paperwork are up to date on each site
- Prepare and issue Risk Assessment and Method Statements
- Quoting potential new work
About the requirements:
To be considered for this role, candidates must have a strong background within the scaffolding industry. Ideally the successful individual will have, SMSTS, Advanced Scaffolder, Advanced Scaffold Inspection, candidates must be able to demonstrate stability of employment throughout their career. It would be advantageous for the candidate to have knowledge on working with asbestos.
About the salary / rewards:
For this permanent position a specific salary will be defined upon experience and suitability. There will be a travel allowance OR use of a company vehicle, this will be discussed at interview stage.
Please send a copy of your CV for review to email@example.com
No agencies please.