Contracts Manager – London
Friday 16th February 2018
Established in 1979, Shield Environmental Services has become one of the largest national service providers in the environmental service sector. We have grown steadily over the years and have constantly adapted to meet the demands and changing practises of the sectors we work with. However some things have never changed and we believe that our success is based upon our original core principal of exceptional customer care. We feel honoured to have many long-standing relationships with our clients, many of whom we have been working with for years.
Shield Environmental Services Limited is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
A vacancy has arisen for a Contracts Manager in our London Branch, based in Roydon, Essex.
The role entails:
- Solid management experience with good all round interpersonal skills as well as strong leadership and people management skills. The role is client facing and involves working with all levels within organisations (Senior Directors, Site Operatives, Major and Sub Contractors, Local Authorities etc).
- A proven track record of successfully managing both small and large scale projects through to completion.
- Familiar with general Health & Safety regulations with a good understanding of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 regarding work on both large and small scale sites.
- Commercially astute with an ability to negotiate ‘profitable’ contracts in detail and build long term client relationships.
- Able to understand all financial aspects of the Contract Management process and able to produce detailed working programmes and plans of work. Monitor contract progress; assist the Branch Manager and Regional Director as necessary to ensure both client requirements and company targets are met.
- You would be required to quote works and prepare site-specific risk assessments and detailed method statements ensuring compliance with HSE regulations. Convey the information contained within the site-specific risk assessment/method statement to site personnel to ensure full understanding and safe completion of the projects.
- Assisting to identify, win and develop new clients and maintain highest standards of service.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with customers and suppliers at all times.
- Oversee work carried out by removal operative teams.
- Responsible for creating clear and accurate job files ensuring all relevant information is contained.
Package includes use of a company vehicle and competitive salary depending on experience.
20 days holiday pa, plus statutory holidays
Please send a copy of your CV for review to firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please.