Commercial Gas Service Engineer – South West
Tuesday 2nd April 2019
Established in 1979, Shield Environmental Services has become one of the largest national service providers in the environmental service sector. We have grown steadily over the years and have constantly adapted to meet the demands and changing practises of the sectors we work with. However some things have never changed; and we believe that our success is based upon our original core principal of exceptional customer care. We feel honoured to have many long-standing relationships with our clients, many of whom we have been working with for years.
Shield Environmental Services is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
As of 2016 Shield Mechanical & Electrical was born following the same success model and added a new arm to the group. Due to continued expansion, we currently have a vacancy for an experienced commercial gas engineer with an immediate start for the right candidate to join our growing team in the South West. This is a field based role, carrying out reactive and PPM tasks around the region and potentially further afield.
You will be working as part of a team or independently so will need to be forward thinking with a proactive approach and a positive attitude.
It is essential that you have commercial gas experience. To be eligible to undertake this role you will need to hold COCN1 or CCN1 and CoDNCO1, CIGA1, CORT1, ICPN1, TPCP1A/1, CENWAT1, DAH1, CPA1, G3 Unvented hot water cylinders and WRAS as a minimum and other gas qualifications would be an advantage.
Job Type: Full-time, permanent.
Salary: TBC based on knowledge and experience (hourly/salary)
- Industry relevant qualifications, for example Commercial and Domestic Gas Qualifications.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of working within the Commercial Building Services industry post apprenticeship.
- Mechanically competent with Heating Systems, Ventilation Systems, Domestic Water Systems and controls.
- Relevant NVQ3 in Plumbing, Heating and Gas / Pipefitting / Heat and Vent/ Air conditioning
- Suitable CSCS Card
- Excellent communication ability
- Self-sufficient in your working approach
- Able to work well under pressure
- Accurate in your delivery of work
- Punctual and reliable
- Team player
- High level of organisation
- Full clean driving license
- The Company run a Group Life Assurance scheme, of which you will automatically become a member on your start date. This provides 3 x your salary to be paid to your elected nominee in the event of your death whilst employed by Shield Environmental Services
- Training will continually be provided by Shield to further your career and aid progression within your job role
- 20 days, plus statutory holidays
- Company van to be provided along with fuel card
- Mobile Phone
- You will be automatically enrolled into our pension scheme, following an initial three month postponement period
If you are ready for this challenge, we would be pleased to hear from you. Please send a copy of your CV for review to email@example.com
No agencies please.