Administration Assistant – Southampton
Thursday 27th September 2018
Established in 1979, Shield Environmental Services has become one of the largest national service providers in the environmental service sector. We have grown steadily over the years and have constantly adapted to meet the demands and changing practises of the sectors we work with. However some things have never changed and we believe that our success is based upon our original core principal of exceptional customer care. We feel honoured to have many long-standing relationships with our clients, many of whom we have been working with for years.
Shield Environmental Services Limited is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity.
An opportunity has arisen for a full time Administration Assistant to join our team in our Southampton branch located in Totton.
Working Monday to Friday 40 hours per week. The rate of pay is £15,000 to £17,000 depending on experience.
- Creating job files ensuring all paperwork is contained before archiving
- Typing to a high level of accuracy
- Answering the telephone in a professional manner and relaying accurate messages to the team
- Filing / photocopying
- Management and maintenance of personnel files
- Contact with Human Resources at the Head Office regarding all new starters and leavers
- Management of induction paperwork and speedy dispatch to HR and finance
- Organise and book travel and accommodation for management and the team
- To maintain standards of professional practice
- Promote a professional company image through face to face and telephone interaction
- To lead by example, showing commitment and a determination to succeed
- Reporting accidents / near misses to head office immediately
- Reporting sickness / annual leave requests to head office immediately
- Maintain a high level of commitment, professionalism and conduct at all times.
Other qualities and requirements:
- Smart appearance
- Good telephone manner
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Competent in the use of all Microsoft Office programmes
- Able to prioritise work whilst working under pressure
- Flexibility with hours of work to cope with work demands
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Committed to on-going personal development/training.
If you feel this vacancy will be of interest to you, please email your CV to Tim Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org
No agencies please